Posts available: 1
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 per annum
Full/Part time: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Thursday, 9th May 2019
The Greyhound Trust strives for the day when all racing greyhounds retire to loving homes and are treated with compassion and kindness.
The Greyhound Trust National Support Centre is offering a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join us as one of our Operations and Development Coordinators. After over 40 years of helping greyhounds in their transition from racing and matching them to homes where they will thrive in their retirement, the Greyhound Trust is developing its operations team to support all homing activity and branches, to take us into an exciting new era of even greater success.
This is an exciting new role, pivotal to the growth of the organisation, therefore right at the heart of developing new ways of working; this role is essential to the success of Branch homing operations. Reporting to the Operations and Development Manager, you will be a key member of the Branch support team and as such must be talented and experienced, proactive and always prepared to go the extra mile.
Dedicated to supporting our Branches and ensuring a high level of support and guidance, you will lead on Branch development, support and compliance. You will need an excellent balance between supporting and managing and getting actively involved in operations as required.
As an Operations and Development Coordinator, you will be accountable for the development and growth of Greyhound Trust Branches within the UK and Europe, focusing on efficiencies and impact, with the ultimate aim of homing more retired racing greyhounds through effective development and management of Greyhound Trust Branches.
You will have a solution driven approach, ideally having experience of working with volunteers, you will also have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with multiple stakeholders across the charity.
- Playing a key role in enabling the Greyhound Trust to develop its Branch network to deliver greyhound homing and income growth across Branch activity, in a planned and sustainable manner.
- Developing and Implementing the Greyhound Trust’s Homing and Welfare strategy, maximising all potential homing opportunities for the Greyhound Trust through Branch activity.
- Ensuring Branch compliance across all key areas of Branch activity as required by Greyhound Trust: e. Financial, Brand and Communications, Homing (kennelling and welfare), Fundraising and general charitable compliance.
- Creation of Branch development plans in conjunction with your Branches and taking responsibility for their delivery, ensuring a 360-degree view of Branch operations are taken, to ensure maximum impact of each Branch across all areas.
- Ensuring Branch growth, sustainability and greyhound homing excellence, in line with Greyhound Trust objectives.
Detailed (non exhaustive) example of responsibilities:
- Implement standards of best practice relevant to Greyhound Trust Branch activity, taking into account all Departmental expectations relating to Branch activity and compliance
- Acting as the 1st point of contact for Branches to access information / support / resources that they require to run their Branch effectively and efficiently
- Ensuring that all Branches have Branch Development Plans which seek to further enhance and improve the Branch and its success
- Facilitating Branch progress against their action plans to improve and strengthen the Branch (volunteers, homing activity, fundraising, welfare compliance, financial compliance etc.).
- Provide tangible and reportable compliance reports for all key areas of Branch activity: Homing, Brand compliance, Financial Compliance etc. on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as required
- Ensuring all Branch non-compliance is fully addressed, with Branches being supported to move from any position of non-compliance to compliance. Where progress is not made as required, to escalate to the Branch Development Manager
- Ensure full GDPR requirements are met and delivered at all times across Branch activity
- Take full responsibility for rolling out across the branch network, all relevant standards, policies and procedures relating to Branch operations and the wider charity’s governance needs
- Develop a culture of creativity and positivity across the Branch network, ensuring a proactive approach to ensuring that Greyhound Trust Branches work collaboratively from the Greyhound Trust centre, feeling valued and part of the wider Greyhound Trust family
- Deliver training, advice and support to branches and volunteers where necessary on all Branch activity, drawing from expert knowledge and additional resources available in the relevant departments, ensuring that Branches are fully skilled to comply with Greyhound Trust requirements of being a Branch
- Focus on resolution and remedial action relating to Branch complaints, volunteers and practice, facilitating conflict resolution where required with volunteers and Branches, but escalating more serious matters to the Branch Development Manager / Head of Operations and Welfare as required
- Proactively working with Greyhound Events Ltd to ensure that Branches comply with policies on buying and selling of goods at Branch level
Skills and experience we need from you:
- Ability to support the delivery of high standards of welfare and animal related homing activity
- Proven experience of business / charity support and development
- Clear understanding of budgets, expenditure, forecasting and management accounts
- Experience of setting objectives and goals, with ability to turn these into SMART action plans that are regularly reviewed and developed
- Experience of writing updates and reports and presenting to both internal and external meetings
- Experience of all relevant office packages and ability to get to grips with relevant databases and CRM systems
- Ability to supervise a consistent look and feel for the Greyhound Trust operations across all Branch operations.
- Experience of compliance and or self / internal organisational assessment.
You will be:
- A strong communicator with the ability to get information across in a stimulating and engaging way to a variety of different audiences; colleagues, volunteers and key stakeholders
- Professional, proactive, positive and enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and “can do” attit A multi-tasker who values the organisational set up of a strong volunteer base and our volunteer branch network
- Able to exhibit excellent discretion and adhere to professional standards and confidentiality
- Curious and inquisitive nature with the ability to work across all departments to ensure a fully joined up approach
- Committed to delivering high standards of Branch engagement, support and compliance, whilst being a genuine team player and always working towards the Greyhound Trusts objectives
- Able to assess risk, ensure risk mitigation and deal with complex Branch issues in a wide range of areas; finance, communications, fundraising, homing activity, volunteering etc.
- Enthusiastic and empathetic to the vision, mission and values of the Greyhound Trust, you must be happy working at a multifunctional head office site (with animals on site both in kennels and the office environment)
This post and its role requirement will develop with the needs of the charity and should not be seen as an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Additional tasks may be reasonably requested by your Line Manager and Senior colleagues.
You will need to a hold a full valid UK driving licence, with travel, overnight stays and some weekend and evening work, form part of this role.
For further information and to apply, please visit the Charity Job website.
Closing Date - Thursday, 09.05.2019