ADCH Membership – Benefits of Membership
The ADCH promotes best practice in animal welfare for dogs and cats. Our members are dedicated to dog rescue & cat rescue. ADCH Members have access to a range of exclusive benefits that include discounts on products and services and regular Members-only training, events and conferences – here is just a flavour of the benefits available to ADCH Members.
To view our latest membership leaflet please click here
Membership is open to charities and not for profit organisations of all sizes, regardless of scale or turn-over.
Being a member of the Association of Dogs and Cats Homes (ADCH) is a unique way of networking with like-minded organisations, large and small.
To qualify for membership, an organisation must comply with all of the following:
- Be a registered charity or a not for profit organisation, or have an appropriate and relevant status and objectives in their country of origin.
- Be involved in, or actively supportive of, the rescue and/or rehoming of dogs and/or cats.
- Conform with, aspire to, or actively promote, the Association’s Code of Practice and any future ‘good standards’ publications produced.
- Comply with all current animal welfare related legislation.
- Have its own premises, rent premises or aspire to have its own premises; or use or promote facilities, or premises, which meet the standards required by the Association.
The Association has two levels of membership Full and Associate:
- Full Membership is limited to those organisations that can meet the membership qualifications as laid out in the Constitution, can commit and demonstrate active participation and involvement in the activities of the Association and are required to maintain a minimum participation of at least 50% of meetings in any 12 month period. The current annual subscription fee for Full members is £125 + VAT (Total £150)
- Associate Membership is open to those organisations that can meet the Membership qualifications but are unable to commit to active participation and involvement in the activities of the Association. Associate Membership is also open to Local Authority Animal Wardens (so as to facilitate better working relationships) but as the Association is primarily about supporting the work of charities and not for profit bodies, they are not able to become full members. Associate Members are not allowed to use the ADCH logo, and can only refer to themselves as Associate members of the ADCH. The current annual subscription fee for Associate members is £40 + VAT (Total £48).
Both categories of membership will have access to the Members Forum and be able to attend the annual ADCH conference.
Membership of the ADCH does not imply or provide a ‘Quality Mark’ and must not be used to imply such.
You may find some Frequently Asked Questions in respect of membership useful.